Thursday, March 10, 2011

A couple weeks ago I decided that I would spend a few minutes each morning reading my Bible, rather than turning my computer on, and checking email. It's been good so far, and a good way to bring focus to my day, right from when it starts. Last week, I was reading in Romans, and read part of it from the Message translation. I loved the way it was worded in the Message:

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike 'What's next, Papa?' God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us -- an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!
Romans 8:15-17


I just love the image of a child, looking up at their father, asking 'What's next, Papa?'. Such a beautiful picture of trust! Oh, that I might be like that child everyday!

Also, just wanted to share this song that has been getting a bunch of playtime in my ears recently. Love love love it! It just brings me such comfort to know that I love and serve the same God that has been around forever. The God that spoke to Moses from the burning bush is the same God that I can talk to, bringing my worries and fears, praises and prayers before. And He desires to know me, every single part of me! Incredible!


No comments: