Sunday, September 25, 2011

Things I'm thankful for this week:

  •  Pumpkin spice lattes, and all the other good things that fall brings!
  •  The lingering summer weather!
  • Seeing 'The Lion King' again in the movie theatre!  Good childhood memories, and one of my favourite movies EVER!
  • Quality conversations with some of those nearest and dearest to me (not in distance, but in heart!)
  • My brother.  Blessed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel to have him in my life.  There's nothing quite like a brother's love.  Every conversation I have with him, I come away feeling so strengthened, encouraged, and LOVED.
  • Tickets booked to go visit the wonderful Elise at Thanksgiving!
  • Last weekend when I had a houseful of guests, but also quiet weekends like this one when I have time to myself - to read, journal, and relax!
  • The truth that the following verses (Isaiah 43:1-7) have been speaking to my heart recently - I AM HIS.  HE'S REDEEMED ME. I BEAR HIS NAME. I WAS PERSONALLY MADE BY HIM FOR HIS GLORY.  HE WILL WALK WITH ME THROUGH THE HARD TIMES AND WILL FIGHT FOR ME.
But now, GOD's Message,
the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end --
Because I am GOD, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Saviour.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.


"So don't be afraid: I'm with you.
I'll round up all your scattered children
pull them in from east and west.
I'll send orders north and south:
'Send them back.
Return my sons from distant lands,
my daughters from faraway places.
I want them back, every last one who bears my name,
every man, woman and child,
whom I created for my glory,
yes, personally formed and made each one.'"


No comments: