Thursday, October 13, 2011

I strive to see the beauty of the everyday.  To feel the joy of ordinary moments.  To be thankful for all things.  Yet most days, I'm not very good at it.  I do try - but I easily become so burdened by responsibilities, and bill payments, and what I'm going to eat for supper tonight, and the pile of dishes beside my sink, and what the next few years hold for me.  Most days, everything just seems so ... ordinary.  And I miss the beauty of my NOW.  That's why it's so nice when I'm able to breathe in fully all the goodness of my life.  To be reminded.  To be content with the moment, and all that it has to offer.

This Thanksgiving weekend was just that for me - a breath of fresh air.  Literally and figuratively.  I spent an extended long weekend in Powell River, breathing in some sweet ocean air, and spending time with friends Elise & Josh.

It was relaxing, and rejuvenating, and SO MUCH FUN!  I was welcomed into Josh's family with open arms, so grateful to have a family to spend my Thanksgiving weekend with.  We ate turkey, drank wine, watched sports, had naps, went for walks, relaxed at the cabin, went hiking and mushroom hunting, and played lots and lots of games together.  This family loves their games - I don't know if I've ever played so many games in one weekend!!  Even though I was a long ways from my own family, I was thankful to be a part of this family for the weekend, and even more grateful for the extended 'family' that He gives to us, through our friends.

Beautiful day on Powell Lake

Relaxing morning at the cabin

Beach walk with Elise

Beauty.


LOVE.

Hike in the rain, complete with mushroom hunting!

Life is good.  But even moreso, God is good.  And He likes to remind me of that through the little things!  I'm so thankful that He does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful weekend you shared with friends. I am so glad that it was just what you needed. You have made some wonderful Thanksgiving memories on both sides of this country. Such good friends, such blessings!
Enjoy your adventure this weekend also. mom xoxo