Friday, March 30, 2012

Here I am once again, blowing the dust and cobwebs off the old blog.  Feels like I'm always doing this - coming back here after a couple months away.  I feel like I haven't had much worth sharing lately, and I just haven't had any inspiration to write here.

So for today, I'm just going to stretch my 'blog muscles' a bit, which will hopefully start getting me back into the groove.  Nothing deep here for today - just a few of the things that I've been enjoying lately:

MUSIC:
  • The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
Not sure why it took me so long to start listening to these guys, but I'm so glad I did!  I can't get enough of this album right now.   I LOVE the song 'Poison & Wine'.

  • Jenny & Tyler - Faint Not
Got this album free off of NoiseTrade, and I've listened to it so many times already.  I just love their sound!  They have a great version of 'The Sound of Silence' as well, and a brand new album coming out on April 3rd, which I've already pre-ordered!
  • Brooke Fraser - Flags
This CD's been out for awhile too, but I only just recently bought it, and have really enjoyed it.  I always seem to like Brooke Fraser's stuff, whether it be the songs she's written for Hillsong United, or her solo stuff.
  • David Crowder Band - Give Us Rest
I saw this guy live last Friday night in Vancouver at the Passion World Tour.  He was AWESOME - I would've been happy just listening to him play his guitar and sing all night long!  But seeing him inspired me to get out DCB's final CD and give it a good listen - and it has not disappointed!

BOOKS:
  • 7: An Experimental  Mutiny Against Excess
I can't say enough good things about this book!  So funny - but even moreso, SO thought-provoking!  Lots mulling around in my head and heart from this book - so there will likely be more coming soon about it.  For now though, just know that I would definitely recommend it!

And in life - I've been LOVING being 'on the go'!  February and March were very busy months for me - I was gone for about 6 weekends in a row.  It was so good for me though, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like my old self again.  It really helped to give me perspective on things.  That being said though, it was nice to just BE at home last weekend - and I enjoyed my free time to get lots of things accomplished!  Now, I'm just looking forward to more of spring (and then summer!) so that I can be outside more again!

No comments: