Thursday, February 06, 2014

Counting down to 30 ...

As I looked at a calendar last week, I realized that I am now into my final six months of my 20s.  A little crazy to think that I will soon enter a new decade - but I can honestly say, that this doesn't bother me.  I don't lament the passing of time, or the fact that I'm getting older.  I don't see my life as a success or a failure so far, rather exactly what it was meant to be for me.  It doesn't bother me that I'm not married, or that I don't have kids yet, while so many others my age do.  And I know that life will continue to pan out exactly as it's supposed to.

This decade of my life has been good to me.  Life has been rich and full - at times also hard, but always full of grace and joy, if I was willing to look hard enough.  I can say that my life right now is both more than and less than what I expected it to be.  More than because I don't think I ever could have predicted where I'd be right now.  And less than, not because I'm disappointed with my life, but simply because I am always expectant of what is still to come.  Thankfully, I haven't 'arrived' yet, and there is still much to look forward to, in my thirties and beyond.

There are some exciting things in the works for this year, hopefully including a trip to Europe with some of my family.  Details are still being worked out - but I'm excited to see how things start to take shape.  Mostly I'm just looking forward to making these 6 months, and this year, as good as possible.  I always strive to do this, but I guess I just want to try and be mindful of soaking life up, as I approach the beginning of a new decade of my life.

No comments: