Friday, February 14, 2014

What Makes Your Heart Beat?

If I could only choose three ...
what would they be ?

1. I choose nature for its wonder, its summer skies
and spring thunder, that feeling when the wind blows my hair,
how the waves are strong, but somehow peaceful, how each creature
has a purpose, from the giants of the sea to the tiny beetle.


2. I choose people, for the way that they can love, learn and grow
for the moments they create, and the strength they can show.

For the will to do good, for the will to believe, the ability
to move on and the ability to grieve, to comfort, to hold, to
say I love you when I'm young and still mean it when I'm old.


3. I choose something bigger, something I can't describe,
something that found me in darkness and brought me into light.

I choose something I can't prove, but something I can't deny.
A quiet whisper, a peaceful mystery, an open eye.
something that holds it all, but chooses not to control,
something that breaks me down, something that makes me whole.

My heart is split between many and yet some how complete.

What makes one love ? What makes your heart beat ?

(Written by Nathanael T. Presley)





This video was posted today on the Darling Magazine site, and I just loved it. I feel like it sums me up fairly well!  And even though I spend this Valentine's Day as a single, I can't help but celebrate this day of LOVE, and be grateful for everything that fills my life to overflowing. I am blessed.

No comments: