Thursday, December 01, 2011

Wow!  It's been a CRAZY fall!  Busy, but good.  I've had the opportunity to visit good friends, do some exploring, and take a few road trips!  And through it all, I feel like I've been learning so much about life, myself, and God.  It's been hard - at times, I feel like my heart has undergone major reconstructive surgery!  Yet, through it all, I've seen that GOD IS GOOD.  It's at the core of who He is, and He is the only one who can turn my pain into joy, and my brokenness into wholeness.

A song that got major play time with me this fall was 'Give Me Faith'.  It completely resonated with where I was and am still.

I need you to soften my heart
to break me apart
I need you to open my eyes
to see that you're shaping my life

All I am
I surrender
Give me faith to trust what you say
that you're good and your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give you my life

I need you to soften my heart
to break me apart
I need you to pierce through the dark
and cleanse every part of me
I may be weak
but Your spirit's strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God you never will

I am weak - but He is strong.  I am broken - but He makes me whole.  I fail everyday - but He never fails me.  I just need the faith to trust that He is good, and that He is shaping my life.

In other news, I'm off to Van tomorrow for the third time this fall!  I love living close enough to Van to head there whatever weekend I feel like!  This weekend holds some birthday celebrations with the lovely Michelle, and seeing cousin Sandra and auntie Betty-Jean!  YES!!  It was a pleasant surprise to hear this week that they are coming!  Visits with family and friends here are few and far between - but very much treasured!  So, I'm excited to spend some time exploring Van with them!  I'm hoping to hit up the Vancouver Christmas Market with them - so incredibly stoked!  Delicious food and drink, entertainment, and booths selling beautiful things, all while making me feel like I am in a Christmas market in Europe - doesn't get much better than that! :)

And I fly home for Christmas three weeks from today!  So much to look forward to when I'm home, especially time with Anna, who is coming all the way from Estonia!!  It'll be so fun to share Christmas with her in Canada, and get some good quality time in with all my ladies from home!!  Of course, I'm also looking forward to a Cousin Day of Activities, some family curling, a little 3-on-3 hockey action, and lots and lots of yummy food!  It will definitely be a much-needed (and appreciated!) break for me! 

No comments: