Sunday, September 16, 2012

And just like that, summer is over.  Somehow, I blinked, and the whole summer managed to pass me by!  Not that I didn't have fun, and do a lot of amazing things - but I just can't believe how fast it went!  I seriously feel like it is still July, and am a little surprised whenever I look at the calendar, and see that it is the MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER!  I entirely understand why it's been said a million times - time flies!  And the older I get, the more I seem to relate!

Anyways, it was a fantastic summer!  I feel like I balanced work and play really well - taking some time off, but also working most weeks, and then heading off on the weekends!  The weeks seem to fly by when you have something to look forward to every weekend! 

If I had to sum my summer up in just one word, it would be RELATIONSHIPS.  I had the opportunity to spend good quality time with many family and friends, investing into new friendships, and also nurturing old ones.  I tried my best to be present in the moment, making the most of my time with each person.  I was able to explore and go and see - all while spending time with some of the best people in my life.

As mentioned in my last post, my second week of holidays this summer was spent in Victoria Beach, MB.  Eleven summers ago, we holidayed there for the first time - and we all loved it!  And now since BJ & Chris built their cabin there about 8-9 years ago, we have spent many holidays and long weekends there together, enjoying the relaxed, laid-back pace of life.  It would be safe to say that it is one of my very favourite places ever!  I can truly just relax there - and enjoy the simple moments of each day!  Our days there were full of bike-riding, swimming, pier-jumping, kayaking, reading, sitting in the hot tub, eating Smile cookies and other yummy food, playing tennis, darts, card games, and of course, lots of laughing!  It was so good to spend time with mom & dad, Alicia & Ryan, Jonathan & Sarah, BJ & Chris, Kayla & Sandra, and to meet sweet baby Owen for the first time!  I don't get to the cabin as much I'd like to anymore, since I live in BC, so I was grateful for a beautiful week there, full of lots of new memories!





























 


And then on Labour Day weekend, I flew home for my final excursion of the summer!  It was Crystal's (and Kevin's!) wedding that took me home - and I was so happy to be there to celebrate with them!  I was so encouraged by their love for each other, for God - and how they were brought together!  So beautiful!  It was a great time to see lots of other friends as well - including visits with Tamara and Harm, and of course, some good time with the fam!







 And that about sums up the end of my busy summer!  It was definitely a good one!  And now, I'm enjoying the transition from summer into fall, and a slightly slower pace to life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures and memories make me smile even more than smile cookies! Thanks for giving me a trip down the "memory lane of summer" and thanks for sharing sweet times together. The summer of 2012 was awesome! Such blessings!